The Royal Government of Cambodia has started to engage in the challenging task of strengthening social health protection mechanisms for its population – especially for poor and vulnerable groups – to contribute to the reduction of financial barriers in accessing health services as well as the incidence of catastrophic health expenditures. As part of a long term strategy to achieve universal health coverage (UHC), the Health Strategic Plan 2016-2020 and the draft Social Health Protection (SHP) Master Plan, foresee an important role for NGOs in the implementation of Community Health Protection Fund (CHPF) schemes alongside – or integrated with other social health protection instruments such as Health Equity Fund (HEF).
SHPA has been offered an LSA agreement from GIZ to implement a Project called “Implementation of Capacity Development and Premium Subsidy for Social Health Protection Schemes”. The project aims to further strengthen SHPA and NGO roles in social health protection as well as to contribute to related policy development through civil society empowerment and involvement.
To assist SHPA members strengthening their capacities on Financial Management and preparing for the new development of Health Financing projects (e.g. H-EQIP), SHPA is working in collaboration with GRET and VBNK with a financial support from Sanofi Espoir Foundation via GRET/FIND to conduct a consultative workshop on Financial Management.
- To collect sufficient elements to be able to design a Training Curriculum and Tools for Financial Management for SHP Operators.
- Maximum 3 participants (Finance Management, Executive Director and/or Project Manager) per SHPA member who currently operates SHP schemes).
- Lunch and refreshment will be provided by SHPA during the workshop
- Per-diem, accommodation and transportation of participants will be responsible by participating organizations
- Mr. OU Saorn, VBNK Finance/ Admin Unit Director and Finance Management Trainer/Coach
- Ms. LIV Sovanna, GRET/SHPA Technical Assistant on Accounting and Financial Management
- Ms. NOU Boren, SHPA Finance/Admin Manager
- Ms. Camille BOUILLAULT, GRET Social Health Protection Technical Advisor
|8:00 – 8:30
|8:30 – 8:40
|Opening Session and Structure of Workshop||Seila|
|8:40 – 9:00
|Expectations and Development Process of Training Curriculum on Financial Management||VBNK/GRET|
|9:00 – 10:30
|Explanation and Facilitation on individual questionnaire||VBNK|
|10:30 – 10:45||Tea and coffee Break|
|10:45 – 12:00
|Budgeting, Cash flow, Reporting
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch Break|
|13:00 – 13:15
|13:15 – 14:45
|Budgeting, Cash flow, Reporting (Continue)
|14:45 – 15:00
|Next Steps & Closing Session||Seila|
Ms. Liv Sovanna
Technical Assistant on Accounting and Financial Management
087 82 70 70 / 012 59 72 19